Sunday, May 3, 2015

This and That

Another long delay -- sorry. My anxiety index has ramped up to the point that blogging feels like an idle exercise when there is so much else to do in getting ready to leave Texas and head to Virginia and the boat.

But never fear, my friends, for the "much to do" includes some social activities. For example, attending the 60th anniversary of Lakewood Yacht Club, sharing a table with Steve and Ellen and Candace and Ken and Patty and Rick and indulging in indulgent food and dancing to The Fab Five, ever-excellent Beatles cover band. Steve dressed as a 70's nerd, I suppose, and danced like one, too, entertaining all the old ladies like me:



Another opportunity to dance came my way last night, as the culminating activity of a day filled with them, a day that began with a stint working at the ticket gate of Keels and Wheels, followed by a tour of the event with Tom, Billy and Martha, and Tommy and Tina, followed by a viewing of the Kentucky Derby at our house, complete, of course, with mint juleps in our silver mint julep cups:


. . . which was followed, after being joined by Teddy and Peggy, with a golf-cart ride to Bakkhus Taverna in Kemah for dinner, and then, finally, with a brief but active (at least for Tina, Tommy, and me) stint on the dance floor at the season's first "Jammin' on Jarboe" event. A good day.

Some photos from Keels and Wheels:


Tom owned a '72 Fiat Spider 124 when he was courting me back in the day, so we had to have a picture of this one. We both recall that I was not impressed at the time, since I neither knew nor cared anything about cars. My Gremlin was perfectly serviceable for me. Amazing that Tom overlooked that glaring deficit in my personality.






A 38-foot "Limousine Cruiser."

And our next grandbaby's first cradle?

I was taken by this woman's attire:

'Twas a lovely day for K & W, as is today. In a couple of hours I will go back to meet Ellen and celebrate her upcoming birthday with champagne and dinner.




And then there was the 1st Annual (?) Crawfish Cookoff at Jarboe Park; we were guests of our generous neighbors Kurt and Theresa:


The winner, Priscilla, exults. That's neighbor Kurt on the right.
 Tom feeds Doris . . .
and Todd feeds Kelly.
Kelly and Nancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment