Friday, March 27, 2015

What Are Those People Doing Over There?

A trio of young people had stationed themselves at the concrete table and benches on our little waterfront area, so I strolled out to figure out what was going on. Turned out that they work for a drone company, and were getting shots of the marina across the way. After chatting for a bit, they agreed to take a shot of our house from above, using their cute little drone. Very cool:


Our house (the one in the middle) is just as cute as their drone. What about that interesting roof-line? Looks much bigger from this perspective, too.

The drone:


The company: D&C Inspection Services, DCI Aerial Division, in Seabrook. Ask for Mitchell.

And its operator:


'Twas a very interesting encounter with some young, pleasant, earnest people, and with a drone, my first. They didn't seem very concerned about privacy concerns, concerns which are probably of more note to my generation, though Mitchell was willing to discuss them with me. They are, of course, of the generation that has happily given up privacy, through their use of smart phones and such, for convenience. And though it gives me pause, I have largely done the same. I want my I-gadgets to know where I am so that they can direct me, either in the boat or the car, to where I want to go.

A fun encounter. Glad they chose our table to set up on. Thanks for the photos, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment