Tuesday, March 31, 2015

On the Front Porch - and Off

Judy and Lonnie's Vist

Judy and Lonnie, she of my traveling friends, paid us an overnight visit over the weekend for a look at our new house and community, and for a long-overdue visit. After the requisite golf-cart ride (both around the neighborhood and over to Kemah), dinner at Gilhooley's (which we knew they'd love, and which they did), and a relatively-early night, Tom graced us all, the next morning, with a delicious boudain omelet "dressed" with a fresh-fruit-and-orange-liqueur topping.

Judy took this shot that morning:


















and I caught her about to climb aboard for the trip home:

I hope that Lonnie was able to concentrate on driving home, given Judy's provocative (in Lonnie's stated opinion) attire.

Other Porch Doings
Man, these doves are bold, as well as prolific. Are they on their third set of babies this spring?

Annie and Papa (?) Dove Face Off

Another Sunset:


And some close-ups of our giant bird-in-paradise plant, flower:


and leaf:


Glenn and Anna's Visit

We had also taken a golf card ride to Kemah when Glenn and Anna were here the weekend before, stopping for lunch at Bakkus Taverna. We were taken by this Lotus (Note the license plate, too.), and Anna wanted a photo made to send to their son Daniel, a car buff. He was impressed, as was Tom.

Art, Barb, and David's Visit
No pictures, but we enjoyed seeing them on their day-trip over from Sabine Pass. Sitting on the front porch peeling and eating Tom's boiled shrimp, we caught up until it was time for them to run errands and for Tom and me to run to Baytown for a doctor's visit. That evening they went to the South Shore Harbor boat show while Tom and I met some of the CLS gang at T-Bone Tom's for dinner and live music. That was a good day.


I don't know why I wasn't inspired to take pictures of our guests during their visits. Well, actually, I guess I do: I suppose it is because I am not quite myself, nor have I been for more than two weeks, since I've been suffering, on and off, with a cold or allergies. Just when I think I'm getting better and can resume my normal activities, my coughing and sleepless nights resume, and I decide that I'd best just rest, momentarily regretful for dancing at T-Bone Tom's or walking through the neighborhood, causing a setback. I've finally decided to go to the doctor, which I will do tomorrow. I will be flying to California to see Elizabeth and Nathan next week, right after another busy weekend with more guests, so it's time to grab this thing by the throat and strangle it.


No comments:

Post a Comment