Friday, March 13, 2015

I'm Ba-ack!

Inspiration has been lacking, and surely you wouldn't expect me to post without that strong creative urge to do so . . . right?

Apologies, especially to Ken, my patient number one reader/viewer, for my absence. Truly, I just haven't felt like it, though nothing is wrong. Plenty of blog-worthy topics have arisen and events have occurred, but, again, I just wasn't compelled to post.

And now we begin a busy month, with out-of-town guests aplenty and planning for our cruise and a big birthday party for the core Baytown group, and taxes and such, but I plan, nonetheless, to post more regularly until we leave.

So, first, I want to write about how excited I am about my recent decision, with Tom's urging, to have some of my photos printed on a large-scale printer (belonging to Copper, an interesting islander) and framed (by Mary, another interesting islander). The positive reaction that these prints have received has been heartening, even prompting some serious thoughts of trying to make some money from my photography.

This is my favorite result so far:


I just love the combination of the innate bling of the master bathroom with the rustic nature of the New Mexico elk head, and my photo of the pelicans brings it all together for me. Also pleasing to me: the floating shelf that Tom installed, getting some of my toiletries off of the counter.

That's all for now. Glenn and Anna will be arriving from Baton Rouge later today, so I must get busy getting ready for their visit. But I am back, and promise to post again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment