Monday, April 13, 2015

Byron and Doris's Visit

Many decades ago, Tom met Byron at Dick's motorcycle shop in Ann Arbor. These three young men, who surely would never have met otherwise, were brought together by their love of motorcycling and dirt-bike racing, and they have remained friends to this day.

I had gone to dinner with Byron and Doris about five years ago when I visited my brother in the Seattle area, where the former had settled about the time that Tom and I married in the late 70's, but Tom hadn't seen them since that long-ago decade. Yet being with them both was easy, as if we had been seeing them regularly since. It was a lovely visit, one that ended the day before I flew to California.


A tasty and relaxing Easter Sunday brunch, consisting of Tom's boudain omelette with fruit dressing, Doris's country-ham-with-red-eye-gravy Danish, mimosas, and coffee.

Once again, Tom had boiled shrimp, a great, stressless (at least for me) solution to the "What-to-have-on-hand-when-guests-come?" dilemma. I think he's figured it out.

A golf-cart ride to Kemah and dinner at Gilhooley's were a couple of the high points, as they have been with other guests. Unlike others, though, Byron and Doris live on an island in the Seattle area, so our watery site is not as amazing to them as it is to some. But they enjoyed it, and so did we.



No comments:

Post a Comment