Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas around the House and in the Hood

Around the House


'Tis a small Christmas, but bigger than a boat Christmas



 Is any of that for me?

Our only outdoor lighting; While we are, I'm sure, a disappointment to the neighborhood, our little outdoor tree makes us happy.*

In the Hood
From funky to traditional, from ironic to earnest, CLS is in a Christmas mood.







Clear Lake Shores Annual Christmas Caroling: The Caroling Carters
Oh, my goodness, what a perfect time, one made for me. Forty six golf carts toured the island, stopping mainly at shut-ins' houses to warble out our songs. The singing, while awful, was loud and heartfelt; I fit right in.

Tommy, Tina, Randy, using cell phone light to read their "hymnal."

The Debbies, excited (Bonus: They had both seen the Texans beat the Colts, and they both really care.)

Mark and Maridee, my caroling cart passengers

Mark, Ranola, and Maridee caroling in an unscheduled stop for Tom (voluntarily housebound to prevent others from catching his bad cold).

Next year I hope to add a lawnchair brigade component. May have to import Billy and some others to get it going.

*Moving out of our Baytown house provided an occasion for sloughing off many extraneous items, including 2/3 or more of our Christmas stuff. And while I am not unhappy about most of the sloughing, I do wonder why I thought that we needed to rid ourselves of all of our lights. Aargh!

No comments:

Post a Comment