Sunday, March 30, 2014

New Camera!

My birthday and Christmas present from Tom arrived about ten days ago, months late only because of my delay in ordering it. Tom's been wanting to get me a new, better camera with interchangeable lenses, and my research has been extensive (and enervating - I became paralyzed with indecision - as if this were the most important decision I'd ever made - crazy). But I finally broke through and got myself an amazing Sony Nex7 with a zoom lens (18-500). It is remarkably compact and light for such a camera, and promises to perform wonderfully - if I can learn to use it.


I've done some practicing, experimenting, trying to remember my old pre-digital knowledge about shutter speed and apertures and such, knowledge that, in my lazy way, I have not used much since finally going digital. But this new mirrorless DSLR is too special not to make use of all that it, and I, can offer.

Trying out the panoramic feature - in the salon of the boat


And, in both the shots above, trying ot the 200mm lens (at beautiful Brookgreen Gardens, about an hour south of Little River).


And these are examples of the micro setting, 18mm - also taken at Brookgreen Gardens.

I'm feeling less overwhelmed by my new Sony; I think I can do this, and I look forward to both the learning process and the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment