Friday, March 15, 2013

Does this look like a lurch to you? Me neither!

In honor of Tom's birthday a couple of days ago, I'm posting, with his permission, this video of him walking rather steadily at Toledo Bend State Park, where we stopped for a pleasant break on our way back from Florida a week ago.




This is good progress. And this morning he walked two miles on the treadmill at the Y - fantastic!

In an unfortunate juxtaposition, Tom's birthday was also the anniversary of my mom's death. In her memory, I made a donation to the Texas Freedom Network, a group working against right-wing extremists in our poor misguided state. This donation is appropriate since I learned of the group through the newsletters she received.  Mother was a true political liberal; I wish we could grouse about the state of the state today. But when I remove those shades of rose-colored memory, I remember that I used to annoy her when I would take a middle-of-the-road, nuanced position on her issues. I must have been insufferable.

But here's to the memory of my mom and the lively beating heart and spirit of my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment